What is it?
A way to produce LARGE MESSAGES to send to your friends and coworkers. Examples:
- "Want to go on a date with me?" Send them this.
- Did someone slander your favorite artist? Link it, baby.
- If your friend suggests you purchase from one company instead of another, remind them what Sonic the Hedgehog believes.
How do I use it?
Type your message in the textbox below:
URL to share:
Coming soon: Save button, shorter URLs
- The backend was flaky: there were a few occassions where I couldn't save Big Ass Messages.
- It was hard to preserve the surprise: sending a link with the URL clearly saying
bigassmessage.commade it clear that there was hijinx involved. I'd always have to wrap it in something like bit.ly or tinyurl.
- Sometimes when the backend was slow, it would placeholder with "BIG-ASS MESSAGE" before loading your message, which again, ruined the surprise.
Hugh Jass Message solves it with:
- Querystring params: no datastore to speak of, just link with
- Obscured urls: while you can send folks to
hughjassmessage.com, links by default go to
hjm.wtf, so as to not give away the game.
I'll probably add a proper 'Save' function in a bit, since querystring messages are gross URLs, it'd be a lot nicer to get